Get them here
- V1.0 Released on November 16th, 2022
- Yuvi (Twitter, @YuviApp) - Hacking, Tool Creator, Image Editing, Game Translation, Script Editing, Playtesting
- SnowyAria/ArcaneAria(Twitter, @SnowyAria) - Game Translation, Script Editing, Playtesting
- Eight Mansions Team - Playtesting
Translation / Reverse Engineering Notes
- Game script is split between many files.
- XML Files at heart
Inside the Content->Textures->XUI Folder are many files some are images, and some is actully the script in form of a obfuscated XML file. However there are some quirks as if you try just editing it as a XML it wont load and will crash the game.
You need to edit them on a binary level, and insert additonal bytes to signify new lines, new text box, etc.
- Lots of image files
- Headerless Swizzled DDS
- DXT1-5 & RAW is used
Cracking the code on these swizzled DDS was a huge pain. But after finding the appropriate size of each image. (Thankfully, the game was nice enough to provide a map of most DDS images and size) I was able to get them into a readable swizzled format. After that came the hard part of aligning the bits, which it was a reverse 2-byte swap on every 16 bytes. So after some coding and implementing this into my toolkit i was able to get these readable. Inserting them back was thankfully easier, as you could take a TGA file, and use a certain undisclosed executable to have it put into the right format for you.